You Won't Believe What I Have In My Bag!

I am not a beauty blogger. Louder, for the people in the back, I - am - not - a - beauty - blogger.  If I wasn't sure of it before, writing this blog confirmed it.  Beauty blogging is much harder than regular blogging.  It requires a lot of thought and preparation because recommending things for women to use on their faces and heads comes with a lot of responsibility!  I only want to put the best and the brightest out here for you guys, so I enlisted the help of some of my IG friends.  I posted a photo asking for some favorite hair and makeup products, and included some of their suggestions.  If you use great products, but didn't comment, SORRY SISTA! You missed the boat! No, I'm totally kidding - you are free to share them with me anytime!

I actually tried to sign up for a few "influencer" programs so that I could just link everything in one spot, but apparently I'm not influential enough, so you just have to deal with individual links until someone discovers me!

So, without further ado, here we go!

I am one of those blondes who has to fight for the ice! My hair always wants to go a little more golden than I'd like for it to, but Redken's Blondage has made a huge difference! In fact, I'm getting my hair cut and colored for the first time in almost a year today, and people ask me on the reg if I just got it done!

Amika. Oh, Amika.  Lindsay Rotella introduced me to the Un.Done Texture Spray, and if she never does anything else for me in my entire life - that will be enough.  First of all, I am 100% serious when I say that I wrote them a very compelling DM on IG suggesting they come out with a fragrance because it smells AMAZING.  More importantly, it makes your hair so full and bouncy that you want to whip it around like the girls in the old Herbal Essences commercials!  You can check out some of Lindsay and Megan Hannah's favorite products right HERE!

I know this isn't hair or makeup, but I would be remiss if I didn't include my beloved St. Tropez.  Let's face it, we don't have the time, money, or patience to go get spray tans regularly, BUT we do have St. Tropez!  I must insist you use their application mitt. I've found that it truly is a match made in heaven, and STREAKS, WE DON'T KNOW HER! (You'll have to excuse me, I watch a lot of Jeffree Star videos.)  I love the Express Mousse for, well, express situations, but the Classic Mousse is my favorite.

I will be the first to admit that I have sensitive, TERRIBLE skin.  I have keratosis pilaris, redness, and acne.  Awesome, right?  I have tried SO many products, but I found a CBD lotion from Appalachian Cannabis Company that works miracles.  I use it on my face in the morning, and it gives my skin just the right amount of moisture without being oily.  It also helps with my redness and blemishes!

I have tried various masks and sheet masks, and while they're fun, I can't say I see any skin improvements.  Enter Younique.  Y'all knew it was only a matter of time before she came in the picture!  The charcoal Skin Perfecting mask is definitely my favorite!  It bubbles and foams, all while cleaning up those pores - fun and effective! *winks and gives thumbs up*

Now, let's have chat about foundation.  Here is the thing - everyone has different skin needs and wants.  Some like a light feel, some want full coverage, some like powder, some like liquid - my point is that there will never be one foundation that pleases everyone.  I just thought we should get that out of the way.  Now, I have tried a crap ton (<- actual unit of measurement) of foundations, and as much as I want to find a cheaper, drugstore brand that knocks my socks off, I just haven't found one that beats Younique for me.  Same for concealer.  Now, I know you are saying "UGH, Kellie, I tried it! I don't like it! It's too expensive," and I hear you LOUD AND CLEAR *insert clap hands emojis*, so here are some suggestions from my friends - Lindsay loves her Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, Hannah Berger is a fan of the Becca Foundation, and Jaimee Brown is all about Too Faced Born this Way.  As for concealer, Sarah Brown suggests It Cosmetics.  SO, if Younique isn't your thing, give one of these a go!  

We are all after those lashes that are longer than our patience and thicker than Kim K's booty, so I LOVE the Lancôme Cils Booster for this!  It primes, thickens, and conditions, and I love the way it makes my lashes look.  Another great product is Rodan+Fields Lash Boost serum.  Now, this is super pricey, but I am seeing major results after 6 weeks of use! I'm sure we all know someone who sells this product, but if you don't have a R+F dealer, let me know.  I will hook you up!  If you would like some more tips and tricks for lashes, check out Lindsay's blog post!  Have I mentioned her enough yet?

I love QUITE a few eyeshadow palettes. It was really hard for me to narrow this one down, but I did select a few.  My current favorite is the  MorpheXJaclynHill Palette.  I think I've worn it everyday (that I do my make-up) since I got it!.  Mandee (@the_kitchen_wife) and Kristie (@laceandlatitude) agree with me!  My second favorite brand for palettes is Anastasia Beverly Hills.  I think these palettes are so easy to work with and the colors blend seamlessly!

I watched a Jeffree Star video in which he used only E.L.F. products, and immediately went to Target and purchased some to try.  I must say, he was right, and they are delightful for that price point.  I love the Dewy Setting Mist and this Jelly Highlighter gives me all the feels!

If you like this type of blog and want to read about some more of my favorite products, let me know! I love sharing!  Also, if there's a type of product I didn't mention, and you'd like to know what I use, just ask! I am happy to share what's in my bag anytime! Have a beautiful weekend!


xo - Kellie
Photos by MegB Photography

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!