Bombs Away!

I am about to reveal just how extra I am.  Like, 2 scoops of guac extra.  But here it goes...
If you know me at all, you know I have a bit of an obsession with bath bombs.  There is nothing better than a hot bath with candles and music to wrap up a long day, but when you add a bath bomb into the mix, it's next level!  They smell amazing, make the water into a work of art, and leave your skin feeling like a newborn baby seal - I admit, I don't know what that feels like, but I imagine it is super freaking soft.  My point is, I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?  And before you start in on me with the "sitting in your own filth" nonsense - exactly what do you do all day that makes you THAT dirty?  Unless you're a pig wrestler, that's just silly.  Besides, baths are approximately 80% enjoyment and 20% cleanliness.

I digress.  I love sharing my favorite bombs on my IG stories, and when I do my inbox fills up with the same question - "Hey! Where do you get your bath bombs?"

I will reveal my sources in a moment, but first, I need to tell you guys something important.  As I mentioned above, these bombs transform your boring ol' tub of water into a work of art.  You must respect the bomb.  You do that by delicately placing it in the water, and holding it at the surface to see the beautiful rainbow of colors flow out.  That is what makes the mesmerizing, swirly, IG-worthy shot.  If you just plop them in the water it ruins the whole aesthetic, okay!?

Also, as mentioned above, you have to set the mood.  Pretend you are wooing yourself.
Step 1:  Light some candles
Step 2:  Turn on your favorite music.  I said favorite, so if bath time with Beyonce and the Jo Bros (if you haven't heard, they're back) is what you need, go for it.  It doesn't need to be something they play in your heated flow class!
Step 3:  Throw on a face mask.  These are my favorite face masks!
Step 4:  Pour yourself a nice glass of wine, or water, or Blue Moon, or Nesquik, or Diet Coke, or whatever beverage it is that makes bath time the tops.
Step 5:  Turn off the lights (unless you're like me and feel the need to IG your bomb!)
Step 6:  If you are a parent, or you live with the kind of people who don't respect bath time and barge in the bathroom unannounced - notify everyone that self-care time is about to commence, shut the door, and LOCK it.

Okay, now for the fun stuff.  Bring on the bombs!

What makes a bomb THE bomb, you ask?  I score them based on...  No, I'm totally kidding, there is no scoring...yet. *makes note in phone*  I like bombs that smell good, don't irritate my skin, float, foam, and put on a beautiful show of colors.  The following links are to some bombs that do just that!

LUSH
First, LUSH, or as I like to call it "ol' faithful."  These will never let you down!  Intergalactic and The Experimenter are two of my favorites, but truth be told, I love them all.  They have some cute bunnies and eggs right now if you want to snag some for upcoming Easter baskets!

Bomb Cosmetics
This one is kind of a tease because they will not ship to the United States.  Wahhhh! (Don't worry, I've been emailing them, so I'm sure it will happen v. soon lolololol)  So why am I including it, you ask? Because you can find them at TJ Maxx and Marshalls!  I am including the link so you can check them out and know what to look for while you're out shopping!

Marvelous Soap
I stumbled upon Marvelous Soap on Instagram, and ended up winning a contest where I received a whole box of products.  I love all of them so much that I couldn't possibly make a list and not include them!  Be sure to check out their other bubble bars and soaps as well!

These next few shops all offer really fun, unique bath bombs!  Something really cool I'd like to note is that they make bath bombs for just about everything - Game of Thrones, Disney, Cupcakes, you name it, it's probably out there.  If you know someone who likes something specific like mermaids or unicorns, check out some of these shops.  If they don't have it, search Etsy for bath bombs because they make really fun gifts!  



Luxury Wellness - Enter the code FABULOUS15 for 15% off your order! (Thank you for the code, Josie! )




I know self-care is kind of a buzz word right now, but it really is SO important.  We give so much of ourselves to others, and we are so focused on trying to conquer the world that we don't take enough time for ourselves.  I'm here to tell you it is NOT selfish, and it is totally necessary.  Everyone needs to be a little extra with something in their life.  If you aren't a bath person, that's okay (we can still be friends,) but find something that gives you that moment of joy.


By the way, if you purchase any bombs, mention me in your story or post so that I can see what you picked out!

xo- Kellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!