My Zumba Farewell

It's true.  Tonight is my last night teaching regular Zumba classes at Snap Fitness (not Zumba Kids-we still have ZK).

I have been a member of Snap Fitness since the first week it opened almost 4 years ago! I was thrilled to hear that they were going to offer Zumba classes because I had been dying to try them, but just didn't want to drive from Midway to Teays Valley a few times a week to take them!  I was even more thrilled when I learned that Megan would be the instructor!  I think we were only half way through the warm-up when I decided that Zumba was the greatest thing since sliced bread! I was hooked! I was still in school at the time, so I even scheduled my classes around Zumba class times!

After about 6 months, Megan mentioned that she was taking a new job that would require a lot of travel, and her usual substitute was moving away. She joked with me about getting licensed, and at first I thought she was crazy, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it.  I finally worked up the courage to ask if she really needed help, and the rest is history!  I went to Parkersburg about a month later and got licensed.  Megan was generous enough to let me use most of her routines to get started, and eventually I started teaching my own classes!

Megan,  I cannot thank you enough for all of your encouragement, advice, and most of all your friendship. I never could have done this without you!  It breaks my heart that the dynamic duo will no longer be tearing up the dance floor on a weekly basis at Snap, but I know that our friendship will always be the same!  Throughout the years, your entire family has welcomed me and made me feel like I'm part of the gang! I like to think that I'm the Malika to your Keeping Up with the Kardashians! ;) Together we've survived countless classes, Zumbathons, trainings, road trips, a Zumba Convention, and even a Zumba baby (well, you survived the baby! I just was around for moral support! ;) ) So much has happened since our Zumba journey began! I really feel like it's the end of an era!  I love you tons, Zumba sister!!





To my Z-gang, nothing is changing. I mean it.  The group text shall live on forever! You girls have become 4 of my best friends and I can't imagine what life would be like if we hadn't joined forces! I look forward to more sangria nights, Zumbathons, babies, weddings, and whatever else life throws our way!  I also look forward to being able to randomly drop in on your classes!  I certainly plan to cause a ruckus! ;)



To my Snap Fitness Zumba family, thank you.  Thank you coming to our classes and making us part of your busy lives.  Thank you for always encouraging and supporting us.  I can't even find the words to express how much each of you mean to me!  I have truly made some of my very best friends in Zumba classes.  I have learned so much about life, kids, marriage, menopause, you name it!  I guess that's what happens when you get a room full of women together! I will miss dancing with you ladies SO MUCH!  I love you all, and please don't be strangers! I am just a call, text, or message away if you ever need anything!

I do have one favor to ask. :D  My favorite class of the whole year is the Halloween class, which will be October 28th.  This will also be our last class.  If you have taken classes with us at any point in the past few years, we would love to see you there!  Seriously!  Wear a costume, and come party with us one last time!  I promise you don't want to miss it!














Zumba Love XOXO,
Kellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!