My Royal Weekend ;)

Matt <3
If you have some type of social media account (and obviously you do since you're reading this) you know that this weekend was Bridge Day! Every year people from all over the world travel to Fayetteville, WV to BASE jump off of the New River Gorge Bridge! I think most of us just prefer to watch! Watching is terrifying enough! I can't even imagine the feeling! They even have a human catapult that flings them into the air! It's just crazy to watch! Kudos to all those brave enough to take on such a dangerous, thrilling sport!

Dancing with a sweet girl!
Being Ms. Bridge Day 2014 was a blast! Matt, Helen, Dad, Tara, Adam, and I all headed down to Fayetteville on Friday to attend A Taste of Bridge Day at Smokey's on the Gorge! The food...oh the food. It was incredible! My dad was like a kid in a candy store. It was just like when you go to a carnival with a child, and you hand them 10 tickets and say to use them wisely! He was downright giddy! At one point I looked over at him as he was waiting in line for some lobster mac and cheese, and he was smiling. Seriously, just standing in line smiling! It was hilarious! We ate our weight in ribs, BBQ, sliders, wood fire pizza, pumpkin cheesecake, gumbo, etc., etc., etc.! After we ate and socialized, Helen requested that the DJ play The Electric Slide, and the dance party was officially started! We wobbled, shuffled, cha cha'd, and thrillered until I looked like I'd just finished an hour of Zumba! I highly recommend attending this event next year!
Kelly and Courtney
Bridge Day came early and I spent the morning rushing around trying to make it to where I was supposed to be.  Once I made it there, it was well worth the trouble! I truly mean it when I say that the nicest people you will ever meet are from WV! They truly made me feel like royalty, so to everyone I met - THANK YOU!  Courtney, Kelly, and I walked, and walked, and walked! Then we ate, and ate, and ate! In between we talked to hundreds of people and took some pictures with some beautiful people and scenery!  Watching the jumpers being catapulted off of the bridge was definitely something worth seeing at some point in your life! What an incredible day! Then we walked some more! My poor feetsies! (But it was worth it! ;) )

My Aunt Ann and cousin, Sara, made the trip up from North Carolina, which was a special treat! I love them to pieces, and I am so thankful for all of their support in everything I do! I have to say, one of the highlights of the day was spotting Matt's mom, Kathy, and "the girls" wearing their matching purple "Kellie's Jesters" t-shirts!! Hilarious!! They also wore them to church on Sunday morning! They are QUITE a crew!


My cousin, Sara, and my Aunt Ann
Sandi, Kathy, Kim, and Lisa!
Brittany and I at the scenic overlook
Brian and I on the bridge
 After all was said and done and the bridge was back to normal, Matt, Brittany, her new beau, Brian, and I all went to the scenic overlooks to take in some beautiful WV scenery! I truly believe there is no place like it!  I feel so lucky to have been able to represent our beautiful, unique state at such a huge event that brings in so many people (I heard 80,000!) What an amazing weekend for the state of WV! I am SO proud to be a mountaineer!


On the back deck at Smokey's on the Gorge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!