Free Floats for Furloughed Federals!

I did something.  Something very cool, but also very outside the comfort zone.

I floated!

Okay, I will back up for just a minute.  Some businesses are offering free or discounted services and products to furloughed federal employees.  Most of the things I've seen haven't suited my fancy, but this one really grabbed my attention because I am all aboard the self-care train!  Debbie Elkins tagged me in a post from Float Effects in Huntington, WV.  They are offering free floats for furloughed federal employees.  Say that 3 times fast!  Like you, I was like annnnndddd Googling that.  I had seen these before, but I had no idea that we had a location in WV, let alone so close to home.  I immediately called them and booked the next appointment!


When I saw the "sensory deprivation tank" my mind immediately went to Lady GaGa in the egg.  Also those sci-fi movies where people grow inside pods and come out all goopy.  I am happy to report it was nothing like either of those things, and was actually quite relaxing, as advertised!  Some things to know - You don't need to bring anything.  They have towels, shampoo, soap, make-up remover wipes, everything you need! You must wait at least 30 days to do this after coloring your hair, getting a tattoo, or having any type of procedure.  Also, don't shave ANYTHING or get your nails done before you go because it is going to BURRRNN BABY BURN!

The office is located off of Route 60 near Fazolis (a moment of silence for the Cross Lanes Fazolis who is no longer with us...)  When you walk into the spa you are met with the scent of diffusing essential oils and a smiley hello.  The owner was so friendly and thoroughly explained everything about the process.  She really seemed to have a passion for her business.  After hearing the excitement in her voice as she went through the steps, I could really feel her love for floating, which made me really eager to hop in and get the party started!


 

The "tank" itself was actually pretty roomy! I was worried about feeling claustrophobic, but the top was more than an arms reach away, and there was plenty of room to move around!  I believe the owner said the water contained 1,000 pounds of Epsom salt *insert OMG emoji* and I totally believe it! You couldn't sink if you wanted to! Your body is actually barely submerged in the water, you really do just float on top.  Also, the water is body temperature, so after a few minutes you can't even feel it - a very crazy feeling!




The craziest part of the whole experience is just being alone...in complete silence...with only your thoughts.  I can't even begin to tell you all of the places my mind wandered, but I will say it is definitely an excellent time to pray or meditate!  Go into it with the intention of using that time to do something specific, and I think it will be a very rewarding, productive time for you.

I created my first iMovie about the whole experience.  Yes, I am aware that it is pretty cringy,
BUT I TRIED REALLY HARD, SO BE NICE TO ME! :)



And I'll know if you watched the video because there is a bonus scene hidden in there.  :D
 If you're interested, and want some more information, please take a minute to visit their website
If you have questions, please ask! I am itching to discuss this with someone! 



xo - Kellie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!