Because Sometimes It's About Convenience!

We are in that miserable part of winter.  You know what I'm talking about.  Christmas is over, we are falling off the New Year's resolution wagon in masses, and it's just freaking cold.  I, too, am forced to drudge through life whilst eagerly awaiting that beautiful spring sunshine and the last season of Game of Thrones, BUT I do have some treats that are going to help you get through this last bit of snow and ice!


Instacart
My lovely friend, Debbie Elkins, introduced me to this wonderful app called Instacart.  Like most of you, I love Clicklist and Walmart Grocery Pickup, but both of these still require you to put on pants and go out in public.  No, no, no.  That simply won't do in these frigid temperatures!  The beauty of Instacart is that someone else does the shopping, gets in their car, and drives your groceries to your door! (Come to think of it, you still need the pants, but I digress.)  In Scott Depot you can receive deliveries from ALDI, CVS, or Petco!  I'm sure the options are limitless in bigger areas.  Here are some instances that this could be really helpful, especially this time of year:
1.  You live alone, but are sick or injured.
2.  You care for an elderly parent or grandparent, or someone with special needs, but you have a packed schedule and can't find time to go to the store that week.
3.  You have 2 small children at home sick with the flu, and can't leave them alone.
4.  It's freaking cold outside.
5.  You are lazy and/or anti-social.
6.  You have a terrible miscommunication with your brow girl.
I could do this all day.  My point is - this could change your life.  I know one deliverer in particular who is super friendly and cute, but she only works on weekends because she got her real job back. *points at self*  If you would like to order use this Instacart link or enter KLILLY2AB154 at checkout, and we'll both get $10 off an order!  If you would like to make some extra dollhairs and deliver, use this delivery link!

Grubhub/DoorDash
I am grouping these together because they are very similar and equally life-saving.  These are great for all of the same reasons Instacart is great (see above,) but I do have a pro-tip for you.  Check the delivery wait time at least an hour before you want to eat.  If you're anything like me, it takes someone threatening my life to make me choose what I want to eat.  It's a problem.  Anywho, this is not ideal for the app because you will need to order well in advance!  If you wait until noon to place an order, you are dead in the water, my friend!  Here is my Grubhub link!  If you use it we both get $12 off an order!  Annnndddd if you use my DoorDosh link, and we'll both get $7 off an order!  Bon Appetit!

Stitchfix
I will give you the good, the bad, and the ugly, but first - Stitchfix is basically a virtual stylist.  You start by filling out a questionnaire regarding your style, color, and size preferences, then your stylist will send 5-6 items that they think you'll like.  The styling fee is $25, but they will subtract that from the total of the items you choose to keep.  A prepaid envelope is included for you to send back things you don't like or if you want to exchange something.
Okay, now, here's where things get sticky.
These are some of my favorite Stitchfix outfits!
(Accessories and booties not included)
1.  If you keep everything, you get a big discount, which is AMAZING if you like everything.  Unfortunately,  sometimes it is actually more cost effective to keep the items you don't like rather than send them back and pay full price for each item.
2. To feel like you get your monies-worth, you have to keep something.  If you don't keep at least 1 item, then you paid them $25 for nothing.  This is why it is super important to be thorough on the questionnaire and communicate with the stylist when they send you messages or ask questions.
I have tried a few different services like this, but I always come back to Stitchfix.  Why? You ask.  I LOVE THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE.  The fact that I have no idea what is inside the box makes me all tingly inside.  It legitimately is a gift to me, from me!  I imagine it's the way SJP felt when they picked out her wardrobe on the set of SATC.  If you don't get those acronyms, I can't help you. *flips hair*  I also find the quality is better and the brands are more on trend than other competitors.  While you do pay a little more for the fun and convenience, it feels worth my dime since I get a ton of wear out of the items.  They offer clothes and accessories for women, men, and kids, and include plus/extended sizes for all.  Fine family fun, folks!  If you are interested, here is my Stitchfix link.  If you use it we both get $25 off an order!

I know most of us are ballin' on a budget, so the added expense of a delivery service isn't for everyone, but take advantage of the "first time" freebie/discounted offers that are included on these apps and give them a try! If you decide to try anything, report back! I want to know about your experience! Okay, you are free to kick back in your fuzzy socks and pjs, and start ordering things!

xo - Kellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!