"Wealth is a condition of the mind."

I can't think of an amusing anecdote or anything interesting to start this post, so I will just jump right into it.  Matt will finish up his 5th treatment tomorrow, and my dad had the honor of taking him to his appointment this time.  I'm sure there was a lot of Mountaineer talk!  So far he is feeling about the same as the last treatment - tired, weak, nauseous, cold, no taste buds - that whole song and dance.  Never fear, Dr. Oz is keeping a close watch on his patient!  We are REALLY hoping he will be feeling better by the weekend becauseeeeeee IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY! YAY!


In other news, we are currently working on selling our townhouse.  Now that it is completely empty, I plan on taking new pictures and posting them sometime this weekend.  I realize this is not a good time to list a house, but I don't enjoy paying for an empty house every month when we could really use the money to send to our besties at Thomas Hospital!  SO, if you know anyone in the market for a lovely townhouse in Scott Depot, send them our way!
 

We've been asked several times about fundraisers and GoFundMe pages, and have put it off as long as possible, but we have reached a place where we need a little help.  Kathy's friends, Kim and Sandi, encouraged me make and share a GoFundMe page, and we are completely blown away by the generosity of not just our friends and family, but their friends and family, and their friends and family...you see where I am going with this!  We really can't thank you enough!
We understand if you are not in a position to donate.  We can't always give to every cause that touches our hearts because let's face it, times is tough!  So if you can't donate monetarily (or even if you can) we just ask for your prayers and shares!  Help us get as many people in our corner as possible while we fight!




Matt and I were listening to a radio interview with Robert Plant several weeks ago, and at some point in the interview he said "Wealth is a condition of the mind."  I loved it so much that I made a note in my phone.  Now those words randomly pop up in my head all the time.  Despite everything that has been going on these past few months, we have felt incredibly wealthy.  The wealth we have in love, faith, family, and friends is beyond measure, and that is what makes this whole cancer thing suck a little less.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!