HALF WAY THERE!

First, I want to tell you about my life because this is my blog, and I like to talk about myself every once in a while! It has been an interesting couple of weeks, and  I WILL TELL YOU WHY.


Rather than type the story, I will just include a video of my Snaps from interesting incident #1 on last Tuesdays snowy, icy evening...





Soooo there's that....


Interesting incident #2 - If you aren't aware, I am a federal government employee, so I was forced to deal with all the shutdown mess on Monday, which carried into this week and really messed up my schedule!


And then I woke up with a back injury.  Not really an interesting incident, but it's pretty annoying, and I have no idea how it happened.


SO, my life is pretty great in case you were wondering!


Okay, I will try to quit whining long enough to tell you all that Matt had a great birthday last weekend!  He doesn't do much on social media, but I know he loved the extra special messages he got this year! On Saturday we watched the WVU game at my parents house and celebrated all the January birthdays (Tara, Matt, Andy, and the newest January baby, Gavin!)  Then, we had birthday dinner with Matt's family and friends (who are pretty much family) on Sunday.  Also, Matt's friend, Charlie, had a free room at the Mardi Gras Hotel that he gifted us, so we got to have a little staycation at the hotel Sunday night!
 
Anddddddd, Matt is OFFICIALLY half way through chemotherapy! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  At this stage in the game we have finally figured out a system!  We now (for the most part) know which foods taste good, which drinks taste good at room temperature, when to take certain medicines to help with the unpleasant symptoms, etc. etc. etc.  One issue was that we had trouble getting him back to the hospital to disconnect his pump because he was so sick, BUT a nurse has volunteered to come to our house and disconnect him now. *insert praise hands* We are so thankful for Nurse Judy!
In comparison to the past few treatments, this round seems to be going well, which is good because one of Matt's dad's friends asked if he and Matt want to go to the WVU vs. Kentucky game this weekend! He is soooo excited, and I am soooo jealous!  Pray that this week goes great and that he is feeling good on Saturday because he really deserves to have a fun night at the game with his dad!


Also, I will keep sharing this on my blogs just in case!  Saying thank you just doesn't seem sufficient for all the kindness and love you all are showing us! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!