The 2015 Golden Globes

Well, my weekend was filled with glamour and gowns!  On Saturday night I attended the WV Association of Fairs and Festivals pageant with some pageant pros!  We were thrilled to watch my fellow Putnam County, Bridge Day girl, Courtney, place in the top 15! In a pageant with 76 other beautiful girls, that's huge! We are so proud of her!  Then Sunday came, and after a day full of football with Matthew (and a Pack win) I was ready to settle in and watch the 2015 Golden Globes!
 
First, I just have to show you two of my favorite, super hot couples!
 
 
How can you not love the Tatums?
 
 
And then there is John Legend and Chrissy Teigen,
one of my best dressed! I thought she looked incredible...

 
Even with the ugly cry!
 
This year seemed like the year of the silver.
Some good, some bad.
 
The wrong way to do silver...

 
Dakota Johnson and Julianne Moore
Someone needed to tell Julianne that she's a woman, not a 21 year old girl.  No feathers for you, Julianne. I feel like she had a Samantha Jones moment while looking for her dress...
"I am fifty-*freaking*-two and I will ROCK this dress!"
 
The right way to do silver...
 
 
Reese Witherspoon and Diane Kruger
Both are on my best dressed list! I just adore Reese!
I don't know if she could look bad on a red carpet if she tried!
 
 
How cute and sweet and wonderful does Gina Rodriguez seem!?  I think she is a beautiful girl!
I loved watching her red carpet interviews, and her speech made me just fall in love with her!
I hope to see more of her in movies and TV!
 
 
I loved Naomi Watts in that yellow, but I am mostly picking her as a best dressed because of that fabulous snake necklace!  I don't love the red lip with the yellow, but I can overlook it.
 
 
Sienna Miller and Lupita Nyong'o
 
I thought they looked so sweet in their floral gowns.
I just wish Lupita would've done something else with her hair.
 
And finally, my BEST DRESSED pickS because I just couldn't choose just one...
 
 
Kate Hudson and Jlo

I guess I am all about the plunging neckline this year, but you can't deny that these are two gorgeous, sexy women!  When Kate stepped on that carpet, I think my jaw dropped.  That dress on her body is like a match made in heaven! So glamorous!  And then, JLo.  Do I even need to explain?  She looks stunning from hair to toe!  Hats off to these two for killing it at the Golden Globes!
 
Two of my favorite actresses went for a businessy-bowed look this year...
and it hurt my heart.

 
Emma Stone and Melissa McCarthy
 
They had the opposite problem.
Emma's jumpsuit would have been a home run...without the bow.
Melissa's bow was a home run...without the tiered dress bottom.
Sighhhh... BUT look at Melissa! She is looking so slim and great!

 
Okay, here is the thing about Jennifer Aniston.  She never looks bad, but she also never looks different.  She always wears a sexy, black dress.  I can't put her on the best dressed list, but she's also not a worst dressed.  She's just there.  I SO wish she would spice things up.  JUST ONCE, Jen! Please.
 
I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my favorite part.
The worst dressed.
 
 
Clearly Clair Danes called up the psychic network and asked to borrow their table cloth to make this dress.  The fit was horrid.  Oh, and something else that was horrid - her electric blue eyeshadow with matching earrings.  No, girl.

 
I think this dress could have been great if it fit better.  The straps needed to be taken up about two inches.  I also think this is made for a more flat-chested girl.  It looked like it was about to fall off all night, and all I could think about was how uncomfortable she had to feel!


Lana Del Rey is giving me more than Summertime Sadness. You have money and connections, and Kim Kardashian is one of your biggest fans, yet you're telling me that's the best you can come up with? I have seen about 100 dresses exactly like this in Deb.  So disappointing.
 
 
While Lena Dunham looks BETTER than she usually does, I am confident that she will remain on my worst dressed list for her entire career.  Again, it doesn't fit.  Again, her hair and make-up is bad.  Same song and dance every award show.
 
 
I just can't figure out why Kate Mara would pair that belt with that dress.
It looks like one of those belts that came with Mudd Jeans in the early 2000s.
I like the shape and color of the dress, but I don't like the ruffles.  Overall, bad.

 
It hurts me to do this to you, Kerry.  It really does.
I LOVE SCANDAL. I LOVE OLIVIA POPE.
Why can't Kerry just channel her inner Olivia while dressing for these shows!?
 
And last, but not least.  Was there any doubt?
My WORST DRESSED is...

 
Keira Knightley.
I know shes pregnant, but I've said before that I am done with the ugly moomoo dresses.  You can look great on the red carpet while you're pregnant! We've seen it done before.  So Keira, sweetie,  your grandma called, she wants her doilies and table cloth back.  The matching butterfly hand cuff/clutch (I'm not sure what it is) is a no-go for me as well.  Better luck next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!