Kathy's Mini Cinnamon Pecan Roll Recipe

I know everyone just started their New Year resolutions, so if one of yours is to diet, I apologize! Click the X in the upper right hand corner now!

If you don't already know, Matt's mom, Kathy, is an incredible cook and baker! Since I've been hanging around her kitchen for almost 3 years, I've picked up on a few tips, tricks, and recipes!  She is always coming up with new things, and I've told her she should have a show or a cookbook or something!  One of my favorite things she makes are these mini dessert cinnamon rolls.  Since Kathy and I are getting back to eating healthy and exercising regularly we decided to have one last tastey treat this weekend, so I wanted her to make the rolls! BUT she had a better idea to spice them up, and they turned out to be DELISH.
I'm not sure if this recipe is out there somewhere, but I'm pretty sure we made it up (and by we I mean she, I'm just the sous chef!) I've never posted anything like this, so just stay with me and ignore my lack of manicure. I'm trying to make it like the recipes I've seen on Pinterest! ;)

Ingredients
Pie crust (Kroger brand works better than name brand)
Butter (softened)
Cinnamon
Brown sugar
Pecans (diced)
Powdered sugar
Milk
Vanilla

I'm not adding amounts because you can just add as much as you want of each thing.

Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2.Unroll pie crust onto cutting board.  It works best if you take it out of the refrigerator and let it sit out for a couple of hours before.

3. Use knife to spread butter on pie crust. Again, it works best if you let it sit out for a couple of hours.

4. Sprinkle cinnamon over buttered crust.

5. Sprinkle pecans over your now buttered and cinnamoned crust.

6. Sprinkle brown sugar over your buttered, cinnamoned, pecaned crust.

7. Roll the crust up.
8. Cut roll into about 1 inch pieces and place upright in greased baking dish.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes or until they are golden and crunchy on top.
10. To make your icing, combine about 1 cup of powdered sugar with about 2 tablespoons of milk, then add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. (I'll be honest, we just eyeball it, so you may have to add more milk or sugar until the consistency is right.)
11.  Drizzle the icing over the rolls while they are still warm.
 
And that's it! Grab a glass of milk and enjoy! I think these would be really fun and easy to make with kids at home. Let me know if you make them and how they turn out! I hope my directions are follow-able! If not, the pictures should help! ;)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. So glad you liked them! Theyr'e my fav! I like them with regular white sugar and no pecans too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!