Week 4 of Isagenix

I did it! My first 30 day nutritional cleanse is finished, and the results are in. Drum roll please... 15.2 pounds and 23 inches in 30 days! Heyyyy-oooo! I am also down 2 sizes in jeans! I am currently wearing a pair I got for Christmas that didn't even come close to buttoning, but they do now! Yeah buddy! I love everything about this system! I truly do. I wish everyone cleansed! I will be starting my second 30 day cleanse system tomorrow, but I won't be blogging about it anymore! I have the attention span of a gnat, so this series blogging is just not my cup of tea!

This week I moved up from an Isagenix Associate, to an Isagenix Consultant! All together now - ouhhhhh, ahhhhhhh. Pretty cool! Let me consult you! ;) However; the best part of this week was definitely running in the Drew's Day 5k in St. Albans on Saturday morning! I've said before how much I hate running, but I can't say that I "hate" it now. I'm TRYING to learn to like it. It hurts, and it's exhausting, but when I cross that finish line, I swear I can hear the hallelujah chorus! Okay, it could be the exhaustion, but it's a fantastic feeling.

I've mentioned my Run for God group a couple of times, but I'll mention it again! For 15 weeks (I think?), we have been meeting every Monday night to have a devotional, pray, and run together. If I'm being honest, I didn't join the group because I wanted to run, get healthy, or lose weight. Those things were just added bonuses. I loved the idea of marrying God and fitness, so I was really interested in the faith aspect, but I also joined to make some friends. I know that might sound lame, but I am new to Mount Vernon Baptist, and I would like to go there each Sunday knowing more than a handful of people! Most of those people are Matt's family, or are practically family. So, I hoped to make friends, and I did! :)

Matt's aunt, Donna, and I stuck together throughout our training!  We ran a "practice" 5k with her daughter, Jennifer, before this one.  At that 5k I had to walk several times and ended up finishing about 4 minutes behind them! So, on Saturday it was already an accomplishment that I was able to hang with her! At the Kickin' it for Korri 5k, my time was 39:28. This weekend my time was 33:41! Donna cut over a minute off her time as well! I have to say, I am REALLY proud of us! :)

 
I am looking forward to more 5ks, and maybe even a 10k before the summer is over! I will say that running gets easier with each pound that falls off! The easier it gets, the more enjoyable it becomes. I'll just keep telling myself "I will love running, I will love running..." until I actually do! Until that day comes, I will just keep loving Zumba! :)

ALSO, this is completely unrelated, but I entered Helen and myself into the Huntington Mall Mother's Day Photo Contest, so PLEASE go "like" our picture to help us WIN!
In case this link doesn't work, it's the one with the cookies! She's wearing yellow and I'm wearing a blue and white striped tshirt! Thanks! :)
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=661775710561638&set=a.661775200561689.1073741875.126470754092139&type=3&theater

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!