Helenoke

I am a HUGE Ellen DeGeneres fan! Thank goodness for DVR, without which I would be a sad, miserable girl.  I DVR and watch Ellen's show everyday, and everyday I cry!  She is just so giving and humble, and I think she truly inspires other people to be the same.  Anywho, the DJ on her show, Tony, never knows the lyrics to any of the songs he plays, so she created a segment called "Tony Karaoke" to display his lack of lyric knowledge.  This gave me an idea.  HELENOKE.  Sadly, I don't have video evidence of her singing because she would never voluntarily participate in this!

Throughout the years, my family and I have had to listen to Helen sing.  She sings in the house, in the car, in the store, pretty much everywhere.  I'll put her singing into perspective for you.  When Tara was a baby, Helen was singing her to sleep and Tara put her hand over Helen's mouth and said "Mommy no sing."  She sings in what Tara and I like to call, "the alto choir voice."  This is when she tries to harmonize with the radio, and it's HILARIOUS.  Most of the time her lyrics are close, but there are some that are just too funny to ignore.

Here are just a few for your reading pleasure. :)  Maybe I'll start quizzing her weekly and create my own little blog-segment!

Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen
Real Lyrics - Caribbean Queen, now we're sharing the same dream.
Helen - Caribou Queen, yeah we're wishing for a dream.

Psy Gangnam - Gangnam Style
Real Lyics - Oppa Gangnam Style!
Helen - Walking Condom Style!

Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn
Real Lyrics - Every rose has it's thorn...
Helen - Every cow has it's boy...

My mom is such a good sport! I love that Helen! Haha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!