"Scrubby" Bubbles

     Just to preface this story, from the ages of 2 to 5, I attended Mrs. Cindy's Preschool just across the railroad tracks from my house.  Any of you that know Cindy know that she is incredibly fun and silly, which makes for an excellent preschool teacher.  At this time, my imagination was running wild and she only encouraged it!
            One afteroon while watching TV, I saw it! The Scrubbing Bubbles commercial! I remember it like it was yesterday!  The “Scrubby” Bubbles came on the screen singing, dancing, and whirling around the bathroom without a care in the world.  When the trigger was pulled, the Scrubby Bubbles shot out, and off they went! My mission was clear.
            The next few days went by and I had forgotten all about the Scrubby Bubbles, until Helen needed to make a trip to Hills. Yes, it was still Hills, not Ames or Magic Mart.  It was an ordinary Hills trip.  The greeter gave me a sticker, I got my popcorn, and of course, a blue Icee.  I was trailing behind mom, minding my own business when I saw it!  The huge Scrubbing Bubbles display, and would you believe it, they were 2 for 1!  I ran over and grabbed the 2 pack, and begged Helen for the Scrubby Bubbles.  As you can imagine, Helen was thinking “What the crap, Kellie? Why do you want cleaning products?”  I didn’t want anyone to know what the Scrubbies and I were up to because I was pretty sure that I was the only one they were interested in playing with.  So, after my incessant pleading, Helen finally gave in.  She was probably just happy that it wasn’t a toy.
            I held the bag with the Scrubbing Bubbles in my lap the whole way home.  Our house was usually the hangout for the neighborhood kids, so when we arrived there were several people around.  I didn’t want them to see what I was doing, so I grabbed the 2 pack of Scrubbing Bubbles and quickly sneaked to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me! (Wouldn’t want to let any of those little boogers escape!)
I ripped open the package and began spraying the bathtub like my life depended on it!  I sprayed and sprayed, but still there was only foam.  I started shaking the can and jumping around to make sure it was shaken REALLY well, then I tried again.  The bathtub was filling with white foam, but no Scrubbies were coming out!  All I could think was “WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THING!?” Before I knew it, I had reached the end of the bottle.  “Well,” I thought, “this one must be defected!”  I ripped the other bottle open and began spraying again!  I was about half way through the bottle when I realized that the Scrubby Bubbles weren’t in there.
I was heartbroken.  Devastated.  I sat down on the toilet and began to cry.  After a minute, I left the bathroom, and the tub full of white foam.  I was already feeling defeated when I heard “OH MY GOD, KELLIE, WHAT DID YOU DO!?”  Busted.  There was only one thing I could do.  Start crying again!  I explained my terrible predicament between sobs, and of course, everyone laughed hysterically.  I blame this traumatic experience for my hatred of cleaning, especially bathroom cleaning.  Needless to say, Helen switched to Comet after.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!