Part 2: 1 of 12

Long time no see, friends!  As you can imagine, things have been pretty crazy in our world.  We had a lovely trip to Emerald Isle, NC with Matt's family the week before last, and some ocean therapy was definitely needed.  There's something about letting the waves crash against your feet and just standing in awe of the majesty of God's creation.  It's good for the soul.

We came back from vacation Sunday night and had to be up at 5:00a.m. for Matt's port surgery.  He started chemo on Wednesday morning, and we are already seeing the side effects of the chemo, except much worse this time around.  He was very sick for the first 3 days, moderately sick the next 2 days, and is still a little sick.  I've been feeding him nausea medicine around the clock with ginger ale and mint tea, diffusing oils, and scouring the interwebs for cancer blogs and message boards looking for tips, but it's not helping as much as we'd like.  I hate that he has to do this 11 more times, but not nearly as much as he hates it.


So on top of all of that, here's what we had going on last week.
1. Something hit Matt's windshield on the interstate and busted it.
2. Our upstairs master bathroom shower was leaking (at least it was outside of the house this time!)
3. A few months ago I had signed up to take the WVSSAC coaching class, which was Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 5-10p.m.  (And that is after working all day, buttttt I passed my tests, and with my loads of spare time *insert eyeroll emoji*, I will be an assistant cheer coach at BHS! VVVVV. excited! Go Bison!)
4.  Also, I had volunteered to host my sister's Harry Potter themed baby sprinkle at my house.  This was actually a fun distraction from everything else that was going on, and it turned out super cute and fun! (Thanks to Helen, Kathy, Jess, and Britt for all their help!)



So, all of that is why there was no blog last week.  I literally didn't have a minute to sit down and think about writing anything.  Sleep is harder to come by on chemo weeks, so naps were a priority! I know they say it takes a village to raise a child, but it also takes one to get through cancer.  We are so grateful for the people who have been helping us out.  Matt's brother, Isaac, mowed our grass, my dad met the plumbers and patched the hole in our ceiling while we were at the hospital, Kathy has made us dinner on the reg (along with 1,000 other things,) etc. etc. etc.  Also, we love coming home to the care packages left on our front porch and cards in the mail.  It all means more to us than we can ever express.

Matt had an appointment with his oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC yesterday, and he and Jon are already on their way back to WV.  We are hopeful that the treatment plan is going to work, and keeping the faith.  I wish I had pictures to share from their trip, but...men. ;)

xo - Kellie

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update! Keeping you two in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! Keeping you two in my prayers. That baby shower looked sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I cannot imagine what you are going thru...and I certainly cannot begin to comprehend what Matt is walking thru...but please know that you are not alone. We are praying for the almighty God to heal Matt. I am also praying for the strength and courage you both need to fight this fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE I'm here to testify about what DR. OSO did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. OSO on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. OSO assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE,the test came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. OSO for help via email} drosohaberhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp+2348162084839 here is the DR OSO website. https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/ His blog page https://drosohaberhome.blogspot.com you can also email me for more information about DR oso via smithmorgan2777@gmail.com ALL THANK TO DR OSO .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cartes ATM programmées
    Savez-vous que vous pouvez pirater n'importe quel guichet automatique !!!
    Nous avons des guichets automatiques spécialement programmés qui peuvent être utilisés pour retirer de l'argent dans les guichets automatiques, les magasins et les points de vente. Nous vendons ces cartes à tous nos clients et acheteurs intéressés dans le monde entier, les cartes ont une limite de retrait chaque semaine.
    Devenir riche et vivre le style de vie riche et célèbre est un rêve pour beaucoup de gens. Et tandis que la plupart des gens vont au travail ou recherchent d'autres méthodes éthiques pour gagner de l'argent avec des cartes programmées par guichet automatique.
    Les guichets automatiques programmés retirent de l'argent de chaque guichet automatique mais ont une limite de retrait chaque semaine, seul votre code PIN s'y trouve, c'est un système de carte de haute technologie. La carte ATM PROGRAMMÉE fonctionne sur tous les guichets automatiques à carte, partout dans le monde.
    Courriel : atmservices44@aol.com
    Courriel : hacklords.investors@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!