My Annual New Year Blog Post

I can't believe how many people have told me that they've been waiting for a post!
YOU LIKE ME, YOU REALLY LIKE ME! ;)
Well, Contrary to what everyone else seems to be feeling about 2016, it was a really great year for me!  Of course some things didn't go my way, and we will get to that, but a lot of awesome things happened in 2016!

Our family got an early Christmas gift with the birth of my niece, Summitt Kate Chapman.  Yes, she is named after the great Pat Summitt, Tennessee's girl's basketball coach.  (If you don't know anything about Pat Summitt, Google her and you will understand why Tara loves her so much.)  Summitt was born on 12/21/16 at 5:20p.m. She weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces, and was 19 inches long. She is perfect and beautiful and we love her so much! :)  So many people have been asking me for Helen stories from the hospital, and I am extremely sad to report that there is no report! She was on her best behavior! Disappointing, I know. BUT Summitt is only one week old, there is still plenty of time for Nana Helen stories!



Thanks to my friend, Loren
for making this shirt for me! :)


Of course saying "I do" to Matt was a highlight of 2016.  December 18th was officially 6 months of marital bliss for us! We made it longer than Kim and Kris, so that has to count for something, right!? There have been plenty of burnt dinners, Netflix marathons, and Ozzie snuggles this year.  We also haven't been in short supply of miscommunications, but that is what makes married life fun.  I highly recommend it!  I would re-live our wedding day over and over if I could. Best day ever.


We actually did some traveling this year...




Matt and I started the year off with a trip to Disney World to celebrate being engaged, his birthday, and his college graduation! We are already jonesin' for another trip!


 Matt went to Sin City with his friends for his bachelor party, and I hit the Big Apple with mine for my bachelorette party!  Of course they are boys and didn't take any photos. *Insert eye roll emoji*


Of course, the best trip of all, our Honeymoon to Maroma Beach! AMAZEBALLS.



 

 I went to Williamsburg to celebrate with Amanda before she tied the knot with Matt's cousin, Dan.  We also spent the weekend in Canaan Valley with the whole family for their wedding!





I went to St. Louis for the Younique Convention.  We stayed in a bad hotel, got in a fight with the lady at the front desk, and couldn't find food, but it was SOOOO FUN.
 


Matt and I went to the beach with his friends, Charles, Chad, Josh, and Trevor. Well, they are my friends too now.  You can't share a bathroom for a week and not call yourself friends, right? This was the first time I have been on a trip with a bunch of boys, and I have to say that it was great.  I got to spend some quality time on the beach with me, myself, and I while they played football and whatnot.  It was de-light-ful.
 


Of course we made a few trips to Touchdown City for some Mountaineer games, and we are looking forward to basketball season now!






We attempted to sell our house in 2016, but unfortunately our first buyers ended up being duds. It was frustrating, and upsetting to say the least, BUT what's meant to be will always find a way.  God has a plan for this whole thing, and I will eventually learn to just relax and let him take the wheel.  Although he did create me, and he knows it's not in my nature.  I am a do-er.  Anywho, we are in contract for a house we ABSOLUTELY LOVE, but our house has to sell (again) before they get a better offer. Poor Kingsley (our realtor) has been busting her butt to make this happen! SO PLEASE help us get the word out! Share our listing, and pray, pray, pray we find a buyer! We are keeping the faith that 2017 will start off with a bang, and we will be in our new house soon! :)


To say that 2016 burnt me out on health and fitness would be an understatement.  I didn't just fall off the wagon, I ran off. In fact there is a Kellie sized hole through the back of that wagon.  I am trying to find some motivation for 2017, and in order to do that I need to completely change my mind set from "you need to lose weight" to "you need to just be healthy." Not as easy as it sounds.  I love following Naturally Katie, NTP on Facebook and Instagram.  She has a ton of great tips to help lead a more natural, healthy lifestyle.  I loved how I felt following the Isagenix plan (basically no carbs or dairy), so I plan to get back into that lifestyle.  I am getting crunchier by the minute, y'all!  I have finally hopped on board the oil diffusing and salt lamp train! Won't lie, kind of obsessed with both.  What took me so long?  Of course I will be getting back into the fitness grove, which I am dreading.  It's going to hurt so good, but I have to do it if I am going to #slay17 ;)


I hope everyone can look back at 2016 and remember all of the wonderful things that happened, and look ahead to even better things in 2017.  Happy New Year, everyone!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!