#Lilly2beinNYC

We are 17 days away from the wedding, and I don't know if life can possibly get any more chaotic.  I shouldn't have said that...
May was both insane and fabulous! The month started with my Cupcakes and Cocktails Bridal Shower at Fireside, and it was absolutely perfect! I told my bridesmaids that I wanted it to be "industrial urban chic," and while none of us REALLY knew what that meant, they somehow managed to knock it out of the park!  Since some of my bridesmaids live out of town (and by "out of town" I mean New York and London) we decided to do a bachelorette night out in Charleston that same evening so that everyone could come.  As with most nights out, there were a few mishaps, but the mishaps are what make the awesome stories. ;) That's all I'm going to say about that...

This weekend we took it a step further, and headed to "The Big Apple" for Part II of bachelorette festivities! Tara, Jess, Brittany, Amber, and I all piled in the car and headed North on Thursday evening, and ended up making it to the Waldorf Astoria around 1:00a.m.  Our room was incredible...and huge! The décor was very classic and chic, so it really had that NYC vibe.
Day 1 started on a double-decker "City Sightseeing" bus - super touristy we know, but we are tourists! Also, we figured out that it was cheaper to ride that thing around for 3 days rather than hail cabs or kill our feet walking (although we did that anyways - about 20 miles in 2.5 days).  We hit all the NYC hot spots on our way to the Hudson River for a boat cruise around the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. THEN it was time for Black Tap.  When we started planning the trip I told them I didn't care what we did as long as I got a freakin' Black Tap milkshake.  Sarah recently relocated to the city, and met up with us for dinner there after work!  We were a little intimidated by the line, but it ended up being about a 45 minute wait.  TOTALLY. WORTH. IT.  The burgers were delish, and the milkshakes - well, the pictures speak for themselves.


Day 2 was THE BEST DAY.  It was Sex and the City tour day! We arrived at Central Park to see a woman in leopard chiffon harem joggers with a black t-shirt bodysuit underneath holding an umbrella.  We knew that was our girl. We checked in, and she informed us that we had VIP seating and would be at the front of the bus.  It was everything I had hoped it would be.  Our guide, Lou, was just right for the job! Naturally Brittany and I knew just about every answer to every question, but there were some really interesting tidbits we learned throughout the day!  The tour ended with cosmos and cupcakes, nothing better! Tara's only request was that we eat some good ol' fashioned New York Pizza and  Brittany's request, of course Junior's Cheesecake! We grabbed both, then headed back to the hotel to get ready for a night out in Soho!
We managed to find a little underground bar/club with some good music (sorta lol). Oh, I haven't mentioned - it was Fleet Week.  For those of you who don't know what that is, that means there are THOUSANDS of Navy Sailors, and military men all over the town.  They are hard to miss in their white uniforms! Anywho, there were tons of "seamen" at this bar, and us old married ladies really enjoyed playing wing-woman for our single friends! ;) If you've been anywhere with me, you know that I am not interested in going anywhere if dancing is not involved.  That's the soul reason I go out! That night was no different! We danced until we looked like we had just taken showers because we were so drenched in sweat.  Perfect. 
Day 3 was our last big day in the city! Our bus tour included an attraction, so we decided to go to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. It was pretty fun, but SO HOT - which seems odd for a wax museum.  After that we had some time to kill before we went to see our Broadway show, so we did some shopping on 5th Avenue! My "shopping" mainly was sending Helen pictures of $500 dresses to ask if she could make them!  We saw Aladdin on Broadway, and LOVED it. James Monroe Iglehart played the Genie, and we all thought that he was just an amazing actor!  We decided to have a big steak dinner on the last night, but chose poorly on the restaurant - oopsie! In my defense the Yelp! reviews were good, but that's why you should ask the locals!
I feel like I left out a lot of things, but you would be reading all day if I included all the stories!  We had so much fun, and I am so unbelievably blessed with such amazing friends! They treated me like a princess all weekend, and I had the time of my life! I am just so thankful for EVERYTHING!  Love you girls! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!