Legacy

I don't typically get sappy with you guys, and if you're not in the mood, I understand! The X is in the upper right hand corner.  This entire blog may not make any sense to you-but it does to me, so just go with it!  I have a lot of thoughts jumbled up in my mind, and I need to get it out.
I can be emotional.  I cry all the time.  Happy, sad, mad, tired, frustrated, you name it.  My feelings get hurt easily. I know this.  As tough as I try to be, I hate confrontation and will avoid a fight at all costs. At the same time, I know when I am wrong, and I am not to proud to admit it and apologize. With that being said, I recently had an altercation where I truly feel that I did nothing wrong and was treated very poorly by a friend. My feelings are hurt - so hurt that they are about to drive me to make a big change. I am taking some time to cool off, soul search, and pray on the situation. Stay tuned.
The deaths of Robin Williams and Joan Rivers have stirred up a lot of feelings on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  All of the talk got me asking myself - What will my legacy be?  What will I leave my friends and family with when I'm gone? How do I want people to remember me?
I have wonderful memories of Robin Williams, and I am genuinely saddened by the way his life ended.  He made millions of people laugh, cry, and laugh until they cry.  I can't think of one negative thing to say about him.  Then, there's Joan Rivers.  If I'm being honest, I think of a mean, crude woman who would say anything to get a laugh, no matter whose feelings got hurt in the process.  I couldn't watch Fashion Police on E! because of the things she said about people.  It is one thing to poke fun at an ugly dress, but it is quite another to make mean comments about a person's weight or face. That doesn't make her death any less sad to her loved ones, but that is just a recent example of two very different legacies.

I love the saying "Be the type of person you want to meet."  I try to live that each day.  I know it's not possible to be nice ALL the time, but as they say, you only have one chance to make a good first impression. In some cases your first impression could be your only impression.  Something to think about the next time you don't hold a door or decide to flip someone the middle finger in traffic.  I'm not perfect.  Every one has bad days.  I only strive to wake up each day better than I was the day before.
Life is tough, and I'm not even into the big things yet!  I still have so many battles ahead of me.  Right now, I'm finding some comfort in Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  It's nice knowing that God has my back no matter what.  I hope that He will be happy with whatever legacy I leave behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!