2014 Vemmy's

I wasn't sure about writing this, but by request - here it is!  Since the VMA's and Emmy's were back to back this year (and I don't want to write two separate posts) I am doing one big Vemmy's post!  I feel like I should mention that these are two very different award shows! In my opinion - the goal of the VMA's is to be stylish and sexy, yet quirky.  Again, just in my opinion - the goal of the Emmy's is to be beautiful and elegant, but with a little twist.

As always, my Best Dressed comes first!

For the VMA's - Can you really pick anyone else but Beyonce?  She had an incredible night and her body is bangin' in that black lacey number!

For the Emmy's - I have to go with the blingin' baby bump, Hayden Panettiere!  I am always so disappointed in how the pregnant women wear these frock-like maternity dresses! Thank you, Hayden, for showing women that you can still be beautiful and not hide your bump!

I loved Ke$ha, and I normally think she looks like she fell into a recycling bin.  I love the muted multicolored hair with that white beaded dress.  I just think she looks beautiful and for once, shes not trying too hard to be weird!

Can we just have a moment for the one of my favorite couples? Awhhhh....  I love Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo together!  That white dress (although you can't see it that great) fit her body like a glove! She was classy and sexy!

Demi Lovato and Iggy both looked incredible from the neck down.  The only thing I disliked about Iggy's dress is the little open part on her torso.  They lost me on the hair.  The only two hairstyles I can't stand right now - shaved and greasy.


Of course Sofia Vergara looked perfect.  When does she not look perfect?  So jealous...

If you read my tweets, you know I love OITNB, especially Crazy Eyes! I have to give Uzo a shout out mostly because she looks so much better out of character.  And Taylor was in the running for my best dressed! I love the dress.  I just wish it was a different color!


I normally don't go for a crop top, especially with a full skirt, but I actually loved Sarah Hyland in this!  She looks her age, which I really, really like!

And rounding out the best dressed section, Kate Walsh.  I LOVE THIS YELLOW ON HER.  I love the little cap sleeve, I love the exaggerated peplum, I love the fit, I just think she is to die for in this dress!

Now, for the worst dressed.
I really can't pick a worst, but we will start with the sister of the Best Dressed, Solange.  I just can't get on board with the over-sized suit look.  I wish she had pulled her hair back into a tight bun and thrown on a red lip because that could've made a huge difference!

From the knees up, I love this look, but then..."Pants on the ground, pants on the ground..."  I have to be honest, I don't know who this is, but it kind of looks like she dropped trou and her pants around her ankles.  Nothing sexy about that. :/

These two....the opposite of Jordin and Jason. They march to the beat of their own drums, and are always a little scandalous.  I'm sure her...chains?...were all very shiny and polished!

I know everyone was all abuzz on social media about J-Lo, but I did not like her dress AT ALL.  Especially with those shoes!  A strappy sandal, Jenn, a strappy sandal!  Of course it's still THE Jennifer Lopez, so she is incredible and gorgeous, but this look just missed the mark for me!  I'm sure she will redeem herself in no time!

I like the bob, and her face is stunning, but Sarah, honey, this dress looks like something you would use to scare teenagers into practicing abstinence.  I would like to see less of the red nonsense.

I LOVE Mayim Bialik and Big Bang Theory, so I hate to put her on this list.  I love the blue, the lace, the necklace, BUT the style and cut just isn't flattering!  It looks like it was made for a Golden Girl.

Kerry Washington has really been letting me down.  She is a gorgeous girl, and she used to kill it at every red carpet show.  Kerry, I need you to pull it together, girl!  I feel that as women, we are born with certain instincts.  Most women know that in MOST cases you should never wear red and green together, and never wear orange and black together.  I think it would have been fine without the black panel in the slit.

Lena Dunham.  I have to be honest.  She is kind of making me mad at this point.

Taylor swift has officially made the switch to pop music.  You can't show your face in the country music world after showing your CT all night in a bedazzled romper!  I do love her new song and video though!  Her performance was super cute!

And last, but not least...
I think Katy Perry is one of the most beautiful women in the biz right now.  Which is why I have to say from the neck up, gorgeous.  Also, her body looks amazing.  Unfortunately I have to address the unfortunate situation that is her dress.  I mean...I get what you were doing, Katy, but whyyyyyy?  I loved all of the "Who wore it best" polls about this!  Are you kidding me!?  Its a denim patchwork evening gown! Nobody wears it best!


I realize I left a few good and bad ones out, but we would be here all day if I mentioned everyone!  As always, let me know what you think! Who were your best and worst? :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!