The 2014 Oscars

Due to weather complications, my Oscar blog is a little late! I was at a Zumba event (an amazing event, next blog!) until 8:45 last night, and came out of the building to find freezing rain and a frozen car door! I made it up to Matt's house last night and have been having a snow day with his family today. Matt has 3 brothers, and as you can imagine they like to watch The Walking Dead, not the Oscars, so we DVR'd it! This morning Kathy and I sat down to watch the red carpet show before the main event. One by one the boys trickled in and gave their opinions of the show. They were NOT fans of all the short haircuts on the ladies! Don't tell them I told you. ;)

First things first.  Ladies, let's just take a moment...
Oh, and can't forget...


Also, there were some really, really, REALLY beautiful couples!


Okay, back to the blog. I think Ellen did a fabulous job hosting! I just adore her and her sense of humor! I can't go on without showing the record breaking retweet picture.


My best dressed was really hard to pick because I just don't think anyone really stood out above the rest! There was not one single person that blew my mind when they walked on that red carpet. I decided to go with Sandra Bullock. Of course she is always gorgeous, a little too safe, but gorgeous nonetheless. I loved the navy, the fit, and the hair. It all worked!


I love Jennifer Lawrence, and I don't mind her short hair, BUT I didn't love the way it was styled. A little too Hilary Clinton for me! The rest of her was beautiful! I was glad she chose to do something a little different with the "backwards" necklace (for lack of a better way to describe it.)


I thought Kristin Bell looked fabulous. I appreciate that she had a dress with a little pizazz!


I positively loved the dress that Pink wore to perform "Somewhere over the Rainbow." The sparkly red was so perfect! I loved the deep V with the sleeves too!


I like where Charlize Theron's designer was going with the dress, but I don't like how the straps just suddenly stop. They should have been thinner or something? I'm not sure what I would have done, but the rest was fab!

I think Lupita is as cute as a button, but I wasn't impressed with her dress. I also just can't get past her hair! She has a high top fade...It's a fade. No, girl!


As much as I hate to do it, I have to say my worst dressed is our WV girl, Jennifer Garner. I LOVE HER, I promise, I do! I just don't like tiers of fringe.


I think we can all agree that we look at Pharrell and say to ourselves, "wtf?" The hat lives on. It is definitely because it got him so much attention last time.


I really disliked Cate Blanchett's dress. The color with her skin and hair completely washed her out.


Liza Minelli, too easy. Next!


Julia Roberts' dress would have been a lot better for me without the lace peplum. Although I don't like the lace at the top either. I think she would have been better off rocking the deep V!


Last, but not least, Kerry Washington. She really let me down again. I can't wait until she pops that baby out and remembers how to dress again! There have been plenty of award shows with pregnant women looking fabulous, and she just can't get the hang of it! BUT, as I said last time, I won't hold it against her because I know it's not easy finding things that are comfortable and look good when there is another human under your dress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!