Emerald Isle Beach Vaca 2013

I had a fabulous vacation, and I am REALLY NOT LOVING this whole work thing.  I've already been on my Employee Personal Page mapping out my retirement plan.  I'm thinking Beaufort would be lovely! I'm not going to really "blog" as much as describe some pictures.

I went to Emerald Isle with Matt's family again, but this time with more family!  I ate, and I ate, and I ate some more.  I really thought I was going explode at some point.  It was so fab.  The picture of Matt and me on the left is at the Sanitary Fish Market, and the picture of the girls on the right is at Port of Call (which is probably my favorite place to eat in the entire world. SO good.)  And check out that sunset! Gorgeous!


Matt took me golfing, which was fun for awhile, but then it started to get hot.  I decided that we needed a picture before the hair went up and I turned into a nasty, sweaty mess.  I promise, I really tried, but there were some holes that were just not going to happen.  On one hole, I just wrote an infinity symbol on the scorecard and we moved on.  I eventually started skipping any hole that was above a par 3.  If it was a par 4 or 5, I just drove around in the golf cart to get some wind and sat in shady spots.  Poor Matt.







Last year I nagged Matt to death about going to Beaufort to see Blackbeard's house, and this year we got to see it AND take the ghost walk tour of the town.  I have this fascination with pirates, and most people know that I truly believe that I have psychic powers, and I find ghosts to be terrifying/extremely interesting.  SO, I was pretty pumped that we got to go on a tour that included both!  Our tour guide showed up in full pirate garb and introduced himself as "Harrrrrrvvveeeyyy" in his best pirate voice and  was immediately in character.  We were really wondering what we had gotten ourselves into, but he ended up being really funny.  I had a great time, and I think everyone else did too?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!