Helen's Special Day

Today is Helen's 60th Birthday!!  Might I say, she looks damn good! Tara and I are SO blessed to have a mom like Helen!  Now, you know how much I love to tell Helen stories, so I have to blog today.

Mom and I used to work together at USDA RD before she retired a couple of  years ago.  We frequently made trips to Wal-Mart together on our lunch breaks so Helen could stock up on 50 cases of Diet Dr. Pepper, commonly known as her weekly supply.  She absolutely cannot function without it.  "My Strange Addiction," here we come! This particular day was cold and snowy, and everyone was bundled up when they came in the store.  That is everyone, but one.  The man in line in front of us was in a wheel chair, and he was simply minding his own business as the cashier scanned his items.  Helen noticed that he was wearing shorts, and if you know Helen, she has to say something if someone is not dressed properly for the weather.  So, she piped up and said, "Well don't you think it's a little too cold for shorts!?"  I turned around just as the last words were leaving her mouth and looked at the man.  He had prothestic legs.  He didn't say a word, just smiled, grabbed his bags, and wheeled away.  All we could do was laugh.  I mean, come on!  How does that happen!?  I wish I could say Helen learned her lesson, but she didn't.  I don't think she ever will!

The point of my story is that Helen is now the BIG 6-0, and when you're 60, you can say and do whatever the hell you want to!  Happy Birthday, Helen!  I love you so very much! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!