Zumba Convention 2012

The Zumba Convention can really be summed up in one word:  whoa.  I heard several times that there were almost 10,000 people in attendance. Try to wrap your mind around a place filled with 10,000 Zumba instructors. It looked like a box of skittles! Now, you may think that I am obsessed and talk about it way too much, but I PROMISE you, I don't hold a candle to these people.  It was like being in an alternate universe.  If a song came on that they did in their Zumba class, they immediately dropped their 15 bags of Zumbawear and did it, no matter where they were.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Zumba as much as the next person, but I just grew out of that behavior after my last year of cheerleading camp!  Luckily, I had Megan there.  She is normal, thank God.  Anywho, Megan and I ended up skipping the concert and party to go out to eat with Justin (her husband) and Tara (my sister) and ended up having more fun anyways.  We ate REALLY GOOD! We deserved Margaritaville, Bahama Breeze, Senior Frogs, Brick House, DelMonicos, Ihop, etc. after all that Zumba!  We conquered Wonder Works in under 2 hours, and I gotta say, not so "wonder"ful.
We did get to meet a few of the Zumba celebs, who aren't celebs to anyone but us, but thats okay! We both got to meet Kass Martin, Lindsay Taylor, and Loretta Bates! I got certified in Zumbatomic (Zumba for kids) with Gina Grant and Jessica Witt, and Megan got certified in B2 with Tony Witt.  I also got to meet Marcie Gill! Megan got to meet THE Beto (if you don't know who that is, check out her profile picture!)  He is the founder of Zumba! She also got to meet Jani Roberts, but we won't talk about that! ;)
Overall it was a good experience, except for the fact that my feet felt like they were going to fall off.  So Tara and I checkout on Monday, waste time at the mall, then head to the airport.  We then waited for our 6:00 flight, which became our 7:30 flight, then 8:30 flight, then no flight at all.  That's a whole different story!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!