Here We Go, 2012!

Happy New Year! Of course this blog is going to be about what happened in 2011 and what I plan to do in 2012. While I still have a long way to go, I think I did a lot of growing up in the past year.
Overall 2011 was a good year for the Lewis family. My sister got engaged, married, and promoted twice! She helped coach the BHS softball team into a "A" State Championship, and the GWMS girls basketball team got Runner-Up in their conference. I'm very excited for her accomplishments and thrilled to have Adam in the family. Helen retired from USDA-RD after 30 years of working! I really miss working with her, but it's nice to have her home. I always wanted a stay-at-home mom growing up (until I hit my teenage years, then I wasn't so fond of the idea lol), but now I'm glad she did work. She has been a great example and role model for Tara and me. Poor Dad hates change, so all of these things probably haven't been easy for him to accept! lol

I've had a lot of things change in 2011, big and small! Over the year I lost 40 pounds! I am so thankful for Snap Fitness and the Zumba ladies there! I never thought in a million years that I would be a Zumba instructor, but here I am! It has been so fun getting to know Megan Hannah (and the rest of the lovely Elkins women) better and I really enjoy helping her out with the class! I love the friendships that I have made in Zumba class! I also tried boxing, which I actually REALLY liked! I don't have the time to do it right now, but I would like to pick it up after I graduate. It's a really hard and interesting workout. Although it may not seem like a big deal, I crossed over to the dark side! I have had long blond hair for the majority of my life, and I went short and brunette! I also got promoted from a Stay-In-School intern at USDA to a SCEP, which is the Student Career Employment Program. It just means that when I graduate in December I will have a job, which is so awesome.

My Dad recently recommended a book to me, "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo. If you haven't read it, I would definitely recommend it! Such an amazing story! It really makes you think and it gave me chills. Anyways, it made me think about some of my new year resolutions. I, like many, always make my resolutions about physical things. This year I want to make resolutions that can help me grow physically, mentally, and spiritually.

I would still like to focus on being healthy, so I want to lose another 50 pounds this year. I'm going to try to drink only water again as well. Something I want to pick up more is reading. I VERY rarely read books, so I would like to start picking up a few. I am going to read at least 10 books this year. I'll have to blog about them to keep myself in check. Also, I am getting down to my final classes at WVSU, and I really want to finish strong, which is hard because I am SO OVER school. I'm going to try to focus on saving money this year. I am so wasteful, and I need to be more careful about saving money and not buying things I just want. I am going to make an effort to find a church that I really like. I just always feel like you have to go to church with your family, but I guess you don't have to. Last, but not least, I am going to clean my room and bathroom EVERY weekend!

I think that is enough for one year!

Comments

  1. Wow, Kellie Ann -- I am so impressed with your accomplishments and goals!! My only "resolution" was to stay off sugar this year -- and that lasted until 3:00 today when I opened the freezer and saw the leftover fudge. Oh, well -- tomorrow is another day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! (Yes, I'm slow to comment!) Keep it up in 2012! You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Ghosting Yourself

My Secret Sauce

Happy C-Section Awareness Month!